The following is taken from page 39 of the Adjustable Block Program’s Final Guidebook.
The following are the only changes allowed between the pre-installation submission to the ABP and the final installation:
• Change in location of the system on a roof or parcel for any DG system, or any system for a Community Solar project which was the only project on a parcel entered into the initial program lottery, if held.
• Increase in the surface area covered as long as the originally plotted footprint is still entirely covered by the solar array or associated equipment or wiring.
• Decrease in the surface area covered as long as the solar array and any associated equipment or wiring remains entirely in the originally plotted footprint.
• Changes in location on a parcel made to provide access paths through the solar array on order to access an otherwise stranded portion of the parcel.
• Changes in location on a parcel made to account for parcel unsuitability that was not apparent in the Approved Vendors commercially reasonable investigation of the property when conducting the initial project design.
• Approved Vendors may request approval for other changes; such approval will be granted if the Approved Vendor can demonstrate to the Program Administrator that the change was made due to factors that were not apparent in the Approved Vendor’s commercially reasonable investigation of the project when conducting the initial project design and which would not constitute gaming of the lottery system or project application process.
Note: The contract between Approved Vendors and the utilities is still under development. There may be additional restrictions in the contract, including potential restrictions in changes in system size between ICC approval of the initial contract (occurring after the completion of Part I) and the beginning of payment following system completion (occurring after completion of Part II). Any such changes will be reflected in an update to the program guidelines as soon as the contract is finalized.